It is not before time, but applaudable nonetheless, that the mainstream beauty industry have begun to listen to consumers who don’t want animal derivatives in their make-up.
Even top name brands have begun to follow suit and are reducing or cutting out animal-based ingredients. Making make-up vegan friendly adds a third string to the ethical bow of anti-testing and anti-cruelty.
So it’s bye-bye lanolin, beeswax and cochineal; hello vegan pigments, natural extracts and skin-boosting minerals.
Here’s our vegan beauty must-haves list for summer 2018:
1. Add some summer sizzle with Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector | £32 – from Cult Beauty. This glimmering highlighter has some serious wow-factor! Accentuate your tan with a dusting across your cheekbones and a sweep across your sun-kissed décolletage. Perfect dah-ling!
2. Less is more, except when it comes to eyelashes! Get yours ready to flutter away at glamorous summer parties with Pacifica Stellar Gaze Mineral Mascara | £15.49 Holland & Barratt
3. Plump up your kisser with all vegan ingredients in these cute minis Urban Decay Little Vices | £25 from Urban Decay’s online shop.
4. This award-winning super mineral eyeshadow palette will see you right through the day and well into the night; from natural look to all out smokey-eye glamour. Brown Eyed Girl Mineral Eyeshadow | £18 from Tropics Skincare
5. UK brand Lush are known for their fresh natural beauty products although reviews of their make up ranges have been a bit hit and miss. As a result of this, Lush have decided to completely overhaul their make up ranges. We’re watching out for a summer lunch and will give you an honest, full write-up opinion when they arrive. In the meantime, we still appreciate the wonderfully matifying properties of Emotional Brilliance Loose Powder | £12.50 by Lush one of only three make-up products Lush have kept to carry through the relaunch.